Your Career Begins Here...
Animal Care and Operations at JAX
NEW: $1000 sign-on bonus!
Make a meaningful contribution while climbing the career ladder at JAX. Our Animal Care staff are critical to our mission to discover cures for diseases like Alzheimer's, cancer and diabetes. We are accepting applications in Bar Harbor & Ellsworth, Maine and Sacramento, California.
Click for job details or to apply:
No prior animal care experience is necessary – JAX will provide on-the-job training!
If you have a high school diploma or GED you are eligible.
- Excellent pay - $15.75 (ME) or $17.70 (CA) per hour upon completion of initial training. (Training pay is $15 (ME) and $16.90 (CA))
- Regularly scheduled pay increases of +25% within 2 years!
- Health and dental insurance along with on-site fitness center and wellness classes.
- Long-term retirement 403b Pre-Tax Plan, including generous employer match.
- Tuition reimbursement for degree programs or other educational opportunities.
- Employee focused company culture, including employer sponsored events
*Adding together wage and employer-contributed benefits, this is equals a total compensation of between $40,105 (ME) and $59,475 (CA) per year after training!
Take your first step to an exciting career. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
"One of the best things about this company is if I want to move up in my career, I can do that by seeking out the training and support JAX provides."
- Marci Dermott, Animal Care Technologist II
Read more about JAX Core Values.
See all entry level positions here.