JAX College Scholarship Program supporting future scientists in biomedicine and research
This program is open to graduating high school seniors who reside in Connecticut, Maine, or in Sacramento County, California. Learn more about how eligible students may receive a $10,000 college scholarship below.
The Jackson Laboratory College Scholarship Program
Many promising students are unable to pursue higher education due to the financial burden a college education presents. The Jackson Laboratory, through the JAX College Scholarship Program, will award a $10,000 scholarship to three students from underserved backgrounds who will pursue a college degree and aspire to a career in biomedicine. This program is open to graduating high school seniors who reside in Connecticut, Maine, or in Sacramento County, California.
The mission of The Jackson Laboratory is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease, and the scholarships will be awarded to students who share this goal by pursuing a career in research or medicine.
- Must be nominated by a teacher, administrator, or guidance counselor
- Demonstrate either significant financial need or status as a first-generation college student, including individuals whose parents have not completed a Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants must be on track to complete their high school diploma with a cumulative GPA greater or equivalent to 3.5 on a standard 4.0 scale
- Online teacher nominations will open January 10, 2024 and must be submitted by February 15, 2024
- Nominated student applications must be submitted by March 15, 2024
- Scholarships will be awarded in late Spring 2024
In addition to the financial award, JAX will facilitate internship programs for scholarship recipients throughout their college career and sponsor annual campus visits to Bar Harbor, Maine and Farmington, CT. Scholarship recipients are expected to maintain strong academic performance and provide periodic updates on their college experience through blog posts and presentations.
Nominate a Student
To request a link to a Nomination Form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line, 'Scholarship Nomination Form Request'.
Include the following information:
Nominator: your name, title, school affiliation, and email address.