Scientific Research Services for JAX Faculty
Genetic Engineering Technologies
The mission of the Genetic Engineering Technologies (GET) group is to provide The Jackson Laboratory’s faculty a one stop shop access to technical expertise, instrumentation, and centralized facilities necessary to carry out complex genetic engineering and to create genetically modified mice. We are fully competent taking a project from concept to delivery of live mice and performing genetic engineering in our laboratories, including allele design, construct development, microinjection, and genotyping of founder mice. We have extensive experience and success generating genetically modified mice on a variety of inbred and specialty strains. Other service offerings include genetic engineering consultation, training, custom genetic engineering projects, and provision of tested reagents and supplies.
CRISPR/Cas9 Mediated Gene Editing
- CRISPR/Cas9 Knockout Models by NHEJ (nonhomologous end joining)
- CRISPR/Cas9 Knock in Models Mediated by Homology Directed Repair with a Donor Oligonucleotide
- CRISPR/Cas9 Knock in Models Mediated by Homology Recombination with a Donor Plasmid
- These models can be generated on a variety of inbred and specialty strains, including C57BL/6J, C57BL/6N, and NSG.
Conventional ES Gene Targeting
Cell lines used for gene targeting experiments:
- C57BL/6JDbl KI for GET home page.JPG
- 129 S1/SvImj
- C57BL/6N JM8A3
- C57BL/6N PRX B6N #1
- DBA/2J AC173
- Other cell lines may be available upon request.
Viral Vector Mediated Gene Editing
Transient or Permanent