Scientific Research Services for JAX Faculty
CS-Scientific Computing (CS-SC) group is a team of scientific software professionals that supports investigators in development of scientific software tools. Applications built by the group span from R&D leading edge research tools to production oriented, mission critical clinical software systems that require CLIA and CAP compliancy. The team uses an agile methodology for it's development process, and leverages project management and software quality assurance practices at a level appropriate for the type of project being implemented. Examples of the types of application areas the group has worked in includes but is not limited to: Database applications; Image Analysis tools; Web applications; Data visualizations; High Performance Computing applications; and Next Gen Sequencing tools and algorithms.
Some examples of applications that have recently been developed or are currently under development include:
- Final public release of Jax Colony Management System, including mobile versions for both Android and Apple devices.
- Civet, a framework for automation of analysis within a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment.
- The Clinical Genomic Analysis Database (CGADB) and Clinical Knowledgebase (CKB) in support of our Clinical Business Unit at JGM.
- Performance optimizations for the Emase analysis tool developed by the Churchill Lab
- GLOM an image analysis software tool being used now within GRS, Scientific Services, and multiple JAX research laboratories
This services is only available to faculty and researchers at The Jackson Laboratory.