JAX® Cryostorage Service
Cryopreserved sperm and embryos can be easily damaged by improper storage conditions. As one of the first organizations to cryopreserve mouse embryos and sperm, The Jackson laboratory has decades of experience managing cryopreserved materials. Our secure facilities are equipped with monitored and alarmed tanks overseen by experienced staff, ensuring the future recoverability of your strains.
Services available extend beyond storage. We have extensive experience shipping cryopreserved samples globally as well as with producing live mice from cryopreserved sperm and embryos, providing you with a complete solution whether you need off-site storage of cryopreserved sperm and embryos for disaster preparedness or need assistance distributing strains to collaborators.
- Available for mouse germplasm (sperm, embryos, or mES cells).
- Samples stored in secure facilities in alarmed, monitored and auto-filled tanks.
- Useful for primary storage of samples or as an off-site backup.
- Storage packages available with discounted rates when multiple years of storage are purchased.
- Samples should be in clearly labeled vials or straws within cryo boxes, canes, or cassettes.
- An electronic inventory of samples referenced by storage unit (cryo box or cassette) should be provided.
Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.