Telemetry Physiological Monitoring Systems
Surgical implantation of telemetry physiological monitoring systems
The Jackson Laboratory offers surgical implantation of telemetry blood pressure monitoring systems manufactured by Data Sciences International (DSI).
Some of the benefits of using implanted telemetry monitors include:
- Stressed-induced artifact compared to restrictive monitoring is significantly less.
- Measurements are free from the effects of anesthesia.
- Allows animals to be chronically instrumented and used sequentially as their own control or in several studies.
- Animal handling is minimized.
- Telemetry is among the most humane means of monitoring animals.
- Exit site infections are eliminated.
- Data obtained by telemetry contain no cable or commutator artifact common in tether systems.
The Data Sciences International (DSI) Physiotel® telemetry system facilitates the monitoring of animals while they move freely within their cages. A miniature device implanted in each animal measures one or more parameters (e.g., blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, ECG, EEG, etc.) and transmits the digitized data via radio frequency signals to a nearby receiver.
Researchers interested in implantation of telemetry monitoring systems should order the implants from DSI and have the monitors shipped directly to The Jackson Laboratory for implantation by our Bar Harbor, Maine, surgical team.
Data Sciences International
119 14th St NW
St Paul, MN 55112
Monitor implants ordered from DSI should be shipped to:
The Jackson Laboratory
Attn: Surgical Services
600 Main Street
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Researchers interested in using implants other than DSI monitors should contact us regarding availability of this option.
- Ask a question by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Toll free: 1-800-422-6423 (US, Canada & Puerto Rico) or 1-207-288-5845 (from any location)