The objective of the Quality Assurance (QA) Program for human subjects research is to provide investigators and the IRB with an internal process for quality improvement in human subjects research, which includes research with some biospecimens. This is accomplished by providing education and guidance in the conduct of research so that JAX is in compliance with federal regulations, institutional policies, and the provisions of the IRB approved protocols.
The QA Program primarily focuses on review and monitoring of the activities, policies, procedures and records for investigators and research staff participating in human subjects research, the IRB, and CTRS staff supporting the IRB.
- Review and update HRPP policies and procedures
- Post-approval monitoring of research activities
- Pre-approval site or investigator assistance
- Assistance with IRB recordkeeping
- Educational offerings
- Assistance with preparation for external audits by sponsors or federal agencies
For more information, contact Liz Hanawalt at Elizabeth.Hanawalt@jax.org.