Welcome to Sponsored Research Administration
Sponsored Research Administration (SRA) is the designated pre-award and post-award administration office for The Jackson Laboratory (JAX). The overarching mission of SRA is to provide leadership, expertise and comprehensive support to JAX’s research community and to ensure compliance with relevant regulations, from application through closeout.
The SRA team assists JAX faculty and other research staff to obtain sponsored research funding, facilitates the submission of all sponsored projects proposals on behalf of JAX, negotiates and executes agreements, and assists Principal Investigators (PIs) in the administration of externally sponsored research and internal awards (e.g., Director’s Innovation Fund).
- SRA Pre-award is responsible for management and coordination of the grant application process from concept through award and beyond, as well as sub-award issuance and negotiation.
- SRA Post-award provides assistance to investigators with grants accounting, award budgeting and financial compliance.
- SRA Data Team is responsible for managing and executing the backlog of research data systems, structure improvements, and reporting needs, through an agile workflow process. The Data Team is also responsible for the budget, planning, and analysis for research grants and internal research support.
- SRA Accounting is responsible for managing the post-award accounting functions related to sponsored awards including internal JAX Research/Education/Training activities, restricted gifts and endowment income, as well as invoicing, billing, and purchase orders.
- Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our Non-Profit Rate Agreement
View the FCOI Policy
The Jackson Laboratory
600 Main Street
Bar Harbor, ME 04609