Working at The Jackson Laboratory
When you join JAX, you become part of a widely respected organization with a distinguished history in mammalian genetics research and a promising future in genomic medicine. Your work contributes to our important mission of discovering precise genomic medicine and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
You get to work alongside talented colleagues in a culture of collaboration, caring and commitment, all while enjoying a generous benefits package, ample opportunities for professional development and career growth, and a great quality of life in one of our three campus communities.
These rewards, and many others, make JAX one of the best employers of its kind and our opportunities widely coveted.
We hope you will join us in leading the search for tomorrow’s cures!
Our employees enjoy exceptional benefit plans, ample time off and other valuable programs.
- Comprehensive medical plan: our unique plan offers a vanishing deductible feature
- EyeMed: a broad plan inclusive of our medical plan
- Dental insurance: two robust plans to choose from
- Life insurance plans, including supplemental life, AD&D and dependent life: financial security for you family
- Business travel insurance, emergency travel assistance and identity theft protection: available to all employees at no cost
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance: fully paid for by The Jackson Laboratory
- 403(b) pre-tax savings plan with generous employer match: You can receive up to 10% of an employer match with a minimum employee contribution of 5%
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts: save money for out of pocket expenses related to dependent and healthcare expenses
- Length of service credits: benefit dollars are given to employees towards the cost of their benefits and increases with tenure
- Vacation: vacation time increases with your length of service
- Sick leave: 10 days per year with an annual carry over option
- Sympathy: employees may take up to 3 days
- On-site MBA program: obtain your MBA without leaving the JAX campus
- JAXfit wellness program: a comprehensive, award winning program
- On-site fitness center: open 24 hours, 7 days a week and free for employees and spouses offering a variety of instructional classes and a personal trainer
- Onsite medical facility: a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families
- Employee-assistance program: a resource available for you and members of your household
- Tuition reimbursement: achieve your degree with financial support from JAX
- Training and professional development opportunities: identify your career path and take advantage of opportunities to grow your career
- Employee recognition events: celebrations for employees for their dedication and commitment to our mission
- Group discounts: includes pet insurance, home and auto, and group long term care
- Bus service: daily commuter bus service at a discounted cost available through payroll deduction and pay-as-you-go
Ask your recruiter about additional benefits available for your potential location.