Shipping Routes and Destinations
Dedicated Ground Transportation Throughout U.S. and Canada
JAX® Mice are shipped via our dedicated ground transportation network to over 99% of our U.S. and Canada customers. During ground shipment, JAX® Mice are provided with an environment that is familiar to them, thus alleviating stress. We utilize specially constructed trucks, engineered with environmental control systems that facilitate sanitation and air flow, to ensure a low-stress, clean, comfortable and safe ride. The environmental control systems alert drivers and JAX personnel to deviations, incorporate multiple backup features, and carry maintenance and support guarantees for all points en route. Carefully trained drivers understand the needs of JAX® Mice and of our customers.
Destinations Outside of North America
JAX® Mice are shipped to international destinations via air transport. Airlines and agents are carefully selected based on their ability to control conditions throughout the journey and their understanding of our animals' unique requirements. We offer two methods of shipping to international destinations:
- Port Delivery (Economy): We will arrange delivery to the nearest airport that will safely hold animals. You or your Customs Broker will be responsible for clearing the shipment through customs, paying local taxes (if applicable), pick up and delivery to your facility. Our Customer Service team will provide an estimate for the cost of this service. Your bill will reflect the actual number of containers shipped. This can vary from estimates, however the estimate is typically within 10% of the invoiced charges.
- Institution Delivery (Premium): We can also deliver all the way to your institution. The safety features are identical in both delivery methods, however, with Institution Delivery, we will arrange to clear the animals through Customs and transport safely to your doorstep. Our Customer Service team will provide an estimate for the cost of this service. Your bill will reflect the actual number of containers shipped. This can vary from estimates, however the estimate is typically within 10% of the invoiced charges. PLEASE NOTE: The cost billed by Jackson will NOT include local taxes. You will be responsible for payment of any local taxes and you will receive a separate invoice from our broker for this expense.
For additional information concerning transportation to your institution, contact Customer Service at email@example.com or:
US, Canada, & Puerto Rico: 1-800-422-6423
Animal Health and Welfare
Mice are packed within the barrier facilities in which they are raised. They are shipped in our state-of-the-art, sterilized, filtered, highly protective shipping containers. Each container is supplied with fresh bedding, gelatinized water packets, and the same feed that the mice are fed during production. Even after journeys of up to 10 days, mice shipped by this method arrive clean and in excellent health.
Freight and Container Charges
Freight charges are based on the number of containers shipped. Order confirmations will indicate an estimate of containers needed. However, actual numbers may vary depending on housing of mice prior to shipment, and other welfare-related considerations. Invoiced charges will reflect actual numbers shipped.
2020 Holiday Shipping Schedule
Call Customer Service for order placement deadlines and shipping schedule for your area.
Holiday-related delivery schedule changes
In most locations, deliveries during the weeks of Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day will be delivered 1 day later than usual. Please check with Customer Service for details and exceptions.
JAX is closed and will not ship or deliver on:
- New Year’s Day (January 1, 2020)
- Memorial Day (May 25, 2020)
- Independence Day (Observed July 3, 2020)
- Labor Day (September 7, 2020)
- Thanksgiving (November 26, 2020)
- Christmas Day (December 25, 2020)
International (only) also does not ship on:
- Friday, July 3, 2020
- Friday, September 4, 2020
- Friday, November 27, 2020
- Friday, December 25, 2020 thru Friday December 31, 2020