Alzheimer's Mouse Model Resource
The Jackson Laboratory Repository has focused on providing the most useful models for AD research for over a decade. These include disease models (e.g. those overexpressing APP, Presenilin, and/or tau), and strains useful for AD research (e.g. those expressing GFP, cre, or tTA in neuronal subsets). The repository also includes hundreds of knock-out models, many of which have been shown to exacerbate or ameliorate disease phenotypes when combined with AD models (e.g. Nos2, Meox2).
We continue to seek useful models for AD research. Strains can be submitted via a simple web form.
Mouse models for Alzheimer's disease research
- JAX® Mice for Alzheimer's Disease Research
- Strains expressing APP and PSEN1 mutations
- Strains expressing mutant APP
- Inducible AD models
- Strains expressing mutant tau (Mapt)
- Strains with Presenilin mutations
- Strains with Apoe mutations
- Strains with Trem2 mutations