2008 ACVP Very Important Pathologists Program, member
2008 John Ebbling Lectureship, The European Hair Research Society
2007 Distinguished Alumnus Award, Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine
2006 Silver Fern Award, New Zealand Laboratory Animal Science Society
1980 Gamma Sigma Delta (Honorary Society of Agriculture)
1978 DuPont-Haskell Laboratories Fellowship in Veterinary Pathology
1977 Phi Zeta (Honorary Veterinary Fraternity)
1976 Phi Zeta Research Paper Award
1975 Mead-Johnson Summer Fellowship in Veterinary Pathology
1973 Animal Science Award
1973 Elmer Towne Dairy Science Award
1. NIH R01 AR049288. Cpdm: Cloning a Gene that Regulates Eosinophil Function. Principal Investigator.
2. NIH R01 AR056635. Genetics of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse. Principal Investigator.
3. NIH/NCI R01 CA089713. Electronic Access to Mouse Tumor Data. Co-Investigator.
4. NIH R01 AR055225. Model systems for PXE. Subcontract Principal Investigator.
5. NIH R01 AR063702. Skeletal Phenotyping of KOMP Mice. Subcontract PI.
6. NIH R13 OD010920. Pathology of the Laboratory Mouse. Principal Investigator.
7. NIH R21 AR063781. Discovering Novel Gene Networks for Skin Diseases. Principal Investigator.
8. DEBRA UK. Modeling the Genetics onf Epidermolysis Bullosa in Mice. Co-principal investigator.
1. DEBRA International. (submitted 15 Sept 2014)
2. NIH R01 Discovering Novel Gene Networks for Skin Diseases. Principal Investigator. (conversion of R21, to be submitted 5 Oct 2014).
3. NIH R01 Genetic modifiers of junctional epidermolysis bullosa. Co-PI. (to be submitted 5 Feb 2015). Others currently under discussion potentially for 5 Oct 2014 deadline.