Discounts and Scholarships
Special Offer for 2018 in-person events: Register for two or more in-person events and receive 15% off each event! Use discount code "More4Less"! The following restrictions apply:
- One must register or apply for all events on the same day. (Payment may be deferred up to two weeks.)
- The "More4Less" may not be combine with other offers, discounts or scholarships.
- The "More4Less" may not be used for 2019 events.
To view a list of 2018 events, click here.
Scholarship funds are available for the majority of Courses and Workshops delivered by The Jackson Laboratory. To view a list of events, click here. Scholarships are supported by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, NIH grants, foundation awards and gifts or donations to The Jackson Laboratory. Not all courses or workshops are funded by NIH awards and HHMI support targets participants who have completed their undergraduate degrees.
The Jackson Laboratory strongly encourages individuals who are from underrepresented populations to apply. Underrepresented populations are defined by the National Institutes of Health. (See NIH NOT-OD-18-129 ) for definitions regarding under-represented groups). For scholarship awards, first preference will be given to students, post-doctoral fellows, or junior faculty from populations under-represented in the biomedical sciences currently enrolled in, or working at, a U.S. institution. NIH scholarships funds are available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S.
Scholarship funds will offset a portion of the tuition and fees required to attend the educational program.
Participants are responsible for securing their own travel.
To apply for a scholarship, one must provide:
- A Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- A written statement of financial need (100-250 words).
- A written statement describing how the course/workshop will foster your academic or career objectives (100-250 words).