COVID-19 Visitor Information
In accordance with The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) Policies, all participants in JAX courses and workshops must adhere to the following safety protocol:
- Participants will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., CDC vaccination record card or international equivalent) prior to event residence and participation*. This includes having booster shots when eligible to do so.
- Prior to participating in any event activities, on-site attendees, including both vaccinated individuals and individuals exempt from vaccination, must:
- Pre-arrival: attest to a negative COVID-19 test derived from either a single laboratory-based test (e.g. PCR testing or any other laboratory-based NAAT test) or a single Point-Of-Care (POC) test (e.g. commercially-available BinaxNOW test or similar test; not provided by JAX) taken 24-72 hours prior to arrival. Individuals with positive test results must recuse themselves from in-person attendance at the event.
- complete additional POC testing at registration (Day 1), which will be provided by JAX at no cost; OR
- independently complete additional POC testing at event housing (e.g. Highseas or hotel) on the day of registration (Day 1). Test must be procured by participant.
- If the event duration is 3 to 5 days, participants may be asked to take a second test on the morning of Day 4 of the event, which will also be provided at no cost.
Reporting: Any illness symptoms or positive COVID test results shall be reported to the Event Planner and/or Brent Berwin (firstname.lastname@example.org; phone/SMS 603-208-7446) and the participant shall remain in their Highseas or residential room until contacted by JAX staff. Per institutional policy, any course participant who is a member of the JAX community is required to report any COVID-19 related illness symptoms, or positive COVID test results, through US Wellness at 888-926-6099, email@example.com, or through the Apricity@Work app.
Participants must follow JAX safety protocols in effect at the time and location of the event. This may include masking while indoors on campus except while eating.
Noncompliance with any portion of the safety protocol will result in participant removal from the event and from JAX housing without refund.
* JAX will honor documented approvals of vaccination exemption by participants’ home institutions for certain medical conditions or a sincerely held religious belief. A scanned copy of COVID-19 vaccination record is acceptable in place of the original.
Please contact the Event Planner directly with any further questions or concerns about any of the above policies. If unsure whom to contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to download relevant documents: