JAX COVID-19 RT-PCR Test FAQ
Information on assay characteristics and reports.
- The JAX COVID-19 RT-PCR assay is a qualitative test that returns Positive SARS-CoV-2, SARS-CoV-2 Not Detected, or SARS-CoV-2 inconclusive as a result.
- The assay should not be used to determine a patient’s viral load, how infectious a person may be, or when a person can be released from isolation or quarantine
- Sensitivity of the JAX COVID-19 RT-PCR test is 10 GCE/reaction or 250 viral RNA copies/mL of specimen.
Results will be reported as:
- Positive SARS-CoV-2: positive for SARS-CoV-2
- SARS-CoV-2 Not Detected: negative for SARS-CoV-2, recommend testing for other viruses if clinically indicated.
- SARS-CoV-2 Inconclusive: the test results were inconclusive two consecutive times from separate nucleic acid extractions. Additional testing should be performed if clinically indicated.
- Failed: testing failed two consecutive times from separate nucleic acid extractions. Additional specimen should be collected and submitted for testing. You will receive communication from our CS Team.
Reports for tests ordered through CareEvolve are delivered to your Results Inbox Portal Dashboard. Reports for direct integrations are delivered to your EMR. Customer service may also deliver the report via encrypted email if you have an urgent situation or have not received a report after 24 hours. Please call 860-837-2320 as we need to verify the patient name and date of birth and your email address before emailing the report
If you receive a report with incorrect specimen ID, patient, or physician demographic information, this information may have been incorrectly entered into CareEvolve or was incorrect in the data transferred by direct integration. You can edit reports from the CareEvolve Portal using Adobe Editor or for direct integration you can correct your EMR, however we request that you send any update you make to match the information in our system to our Customer Service Team at CGL_COVID_CS@jax.org via encrypted email or by calling 860-837-2320.