Whole Genome Sequencing
- The JAX COVID-19 Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) Assay test system is an amplicon-based NGS assay, with 98 amplicons designed to amplify SARS-CoV-2 -virus-specific amplicons utilizing the Illumina COVIDSeq next generation sequencing (NGS) assay.
- Positive: Positive for SARS-CoV-2. Pangolin Lineage, NextStrain Clade assignment, CDC classification and detected amino acid deletions and substitutions of isolate are included in report.
- Failed: Insufficient sample quantity or quality to generate reportable sequencing results.
- If you are unsure of or have any questions regarding the sequencing portion of your results, please contact your medical provider.
- CDC Page on Variant Classifications and Definitions: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/variant-info.html
- Please reach out to your provider to alert them of the error. They will be able to work with us to create a corrected report that will be sent back to your provider.