Courses & Event Announcements
After careful consideration, The Jackson Laboratory has made the decision to postpone, cancel, or redesign many of our 2020 events due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Many of our virtual courses are being presented through a combination of on-demand lectures, live panel discussions and live Q&A sessions. Live portions of each course are presented on Webex or Zoom. Pre-recorded content and all course materials and access is being provided through Canvas.
- Virtual | Human & Mammalian Genetics and Genomics: The 61st McKusick Short Course, July 20 - 30
- Virtual | Short Course on Experimental Models of Human Cancer, August 17 - 28
- Virtual | Systems Immunology in Aging and Complex Diseases, September 2 - 3
- Virtual | Introduction to Microbial Community Analysis, October 27 - 29
- Virtual | Workshop on Colony Management, November 10 - 12
For the safety of our employees and guests all rescheduled in-person events have been reduced in size. Additionally, all participants and staff members will follow social distancing guidelines and mask policies while on campus. Group lodging and meals at Highseas Conference Center will not be an option. All attendees must meet the local JAX and State of Maine travel policies in place at the time of travel.
- Workshop on Surgical Techniques in the Laboratory Mouse, October 12 - 15
Cancelled or Postponed until 2021
- The Whole Scientist - Canceled for 2020
- Workshop on Long-Read Sequencing - Canceled for 2020
- Making and Genetically Manipulating Mouse Embryos Workshop - Canceled for 2020
- Principles and Techniques - Preclinical Translation in Alzheimer's Disease - Canceled for 2020
- Workshop on Techniques in Modeling Human Cancer in Mice - Canceled for 2020
- Workshop on the Pathology of Mouse Models for Human Disease - Canceled for 2020
- Short Course on the Genetics of Addiction - Canceled for 2020
- Modeling Hearing and Balance Disorders in Mice: The HEar@JAX Workshop - Canceled for 2020
- Workshop on Biomethods, November 19 - 20
- Workshop on Stereotaxic Surgery in the Laboratory Mouse, November 16 - 18
- Stereotaxic Surgery in the Laboratory Mouse (in Paris, France) - Postponed to December 2021
- Surgical Techniques in the Laboratory Mouse (in Paris, France) -Postponed to December 2021
If you have additional questions about upcoming or past events please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org