Employees of The Jackson Laboratory are united not only by a common purpose of improving human health, but also by a workplace culture of collaboration, caring and community.
Genetics and genomics research is dynamic and challenging. To be successful, we must work cooperatively across scientific disciplines and organizational lines, care for our fellow employees and be socially responsible to the communities in which we live and work.
We improve employee health through our comprehensive JAXfit wellness program. And we lessen the impact of our operations on the environment by following “green” building standards, using renewable fuels and encouraging ride-sharing. Our employee health and environmental efforts have won numerous local, state and national awards.
Our workplace culture is further embodied by six core values that JAX employees strive to follow:
- Integrity: the courage and commitment to do what is right
- People: inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
- One team: unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
- Excellence: achieving world-class results
- Innovation: leading with discovery and creative solutions
- Stewardship: caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us