Do your research HERE. Join Us.
Make the most of your postdoctoral training by joining a world-class nonprofit research institution with a legacy of innovation and discovery in genetics and genomics. As a Postdoctoral Associate at The Jackson Laboratory, you will conduct cutting-edge research at our expanding research campuses in Bar Harbor, Maine, and Farmington, Conn., working towards the development of precise genomic solutions to improve human health.
JAX Postdoctoral Associates benefit from:
- Research training and mentorship from award-winning faculty
- Individualized career advising and a dedicated Postdoc Program Office
- Superior scientific services and unparalleled mouse resources
- A uniquely collaborative academic research environment
- Guidance from JAX's Postdoctoral Training Committee to help you succeed
- Professional skills workshops including JAX's holistic The Whole Scientist course
- Free access to JAX’s world-renowned Courses & Conferences programs
- Outstanding benefits and salary compensation above the NIH scale
- Generous relocation assistance and free on-campus parking
Opportunities are available in diverse areas including aging, bioinformatics, cancer, computational biology, development, epigenetics, metabolism, immunology, infectious diseases, neurobiology, reproduction and systems genetics. Review our research areas and our faculty labs to see what you could work on as a JAX Postdoctoral Associate.
JAX has developed a postdoc-centric integrative training program to facilitate career success both inside and outside academia. Postdoctoral Associates interested in pursuing an independent research program can apply for the JAX Scholar Program in their first year of training. JAX also helps trainees explore and prepare for a variety of research and non-research careers. Through programs like our signature The Whole Scientist course and monthly Science Forums, we help our Postdoctoral Associates develop their professional skills and expertise beyond the bench in areas such as:
- Leadership and management
- Budgets and accounting
- Teaching, mentoring and communication
- Scientific writing and grantsmanship
- Public relations and donor cultivation
BEYOND THE BENCH
JAX has a vibrant scientific and postdoctoral community with a number of interest groups that organize activities outside of the lab. The Predoc and Postdoc Program Office hosts regular professional development and social events both at JAX and within the community. Our campuses in Bar Harbor, Maine, and Farmington, Conn., are situated in great communities with diverse options for housing, dining, entertainment, outdoor recreation, and travel.
If you have any questions about JAX's Postdoctoral Program, contact us at email@example.com.