JAX Postdoctoral Scholars
JAX Scholars is an intellectually rigorous and challenging opportunity for early career scientists to become critical thinkers in preparation for scientific research, policy and entrepreneurial positions.
JAX Scholars is a selective award addressing the national need for research scientists who are accomplished in the broadly defined fields of genetics and genomics.
Upon completion of training, successful Scholars will be prepared for leadership positions in their chosen disciplines, as well as having gained exposure to traditional and non-traditional career paths, and the skills required to pursue them.
Up to three scholars will be awarded, each for an initial two-year term. JAX Scholars will receive:
- $50,000 annual stipend, plus benefits
- Relocation package
- $10,000 annual research and travel budget
Nominees should hold recent (or are expecting) Ph.D., M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degrees.
Nomination packages should be submitted via email to email@example.com with an attachment of one PDF document that includes:
- nomination letter (from Ph.D. advisor or JAX faculty)
- cover letter
- CV/bio that includes scientific publications
- three references
- a brief research statement describing your significant research to date, areas of future research interest and future career plans
- three potential JAX faculty with whom the candidate would like to train and description of why these faculty were chosen
Once a completed nomination packet is received, the nomination committee will review the packet. If the nominee meets the committee's expectations, the nominee will be notified and invited to visit JAX. During the visit, the nominee will present a seminar, meet with faculty and share their research plans.
Appointment begins within 12 months of the award.
JAX Scholars are considered on a rolling basis, with three deadlines of April 1, August 1, and December 1. Please submit your materials prior to one of these deadlines, and your candidacy will be considered in that month.