The Jackson Laboratory, a global leader in genetics and genomics research, is recruiting outstanding Postdoctoral Associates for our expanding research campuses in Bar Harbor, Maine, and Farmington, Conn.
As a Postdoctoral Associate you will join a respected and growing scientific enterprise with eight decades of distinguished research in mammalian genetics and a promising future in genomic medicine. Your research will contribute to our important mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Our Postdoctoral Associates enjoy distinct advantages including:
- a uniquely collaborative environment that fosters interdisciplinary “team science” with no departmental barriers
- superior scientific support services
- unparalleled mouse and genomic resources
- excellent research facilities and equipment
- close interactions with our award-winning faculty members
- partnerships with leading universities and medical centers
- numerous courses and conferences focused on genetics, genomics and biomedicine
- working for an institution that has been voted repeatedly among the top 15 “Best Places to work in Academia” in the world by readers of The Scientist.
We are recruiting Postdoctoral Associates who are focused on using mouse models to understand human biology and disease processes. We are seeking postdocs in the following areas:
- Bioinformatics & computational biology
- Cardiovascular biology
- Reproductive biology
- Stem cells
We are recruiting Postdoctoral Associates who are focused on using genomic strategies to discover the complex genetic causes of disease, and on the development of novel diagnostics and therapeutics. We are seeking postdocs in the following areas:
- Computational biology/bioinformatics
- Functional genomics/genomic technologies
- Systems biology
- Human genetics/morbid genetics
- Biomarker development and high content screening
- Statistical and population genetics
- Cancer biology/cancer genomics
Postdoctoral Scholars Program
JAX Scholars is a selective award addressing the national need for research scientists who are accomplished in the broadly defined fields of genetics and genomics. This is an intellectually rigorous and challenging opportunity for early career scientists to become critical thinkers in preparation for scientific research, policy and entrepreneurial opportunities. Upon completion of training, successful Scholars will be well suited for leadership positions in their chosen disciplines, as well as having gained exposure to traditional and non-traditional career paths, and the skills required to pursue them.
Up to three Scholars will be awarded annually, each for an initial two-year term. Scholars will receive a $50,000 annual stipend, plus benefits; a relocation package; and a $10,000 annual research and travel budget.
The Jackson Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or protected veteran status.