Tour The Jackson Laboratory
The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine Public Tour Program
Interested in learning more about cutting edge scientific research that is happening in your own backyard? Have you ever wondered what type of research is being done at the Jackson Laboratory (JAX) in Farmington, Connecticut? Come join one of our researchers for a personal tour of the Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine to learn more about our research in cancer, diabetes, heart disease and the microbiome.
What to expect on a visit to JAX?
You will be guided by two of our post-doctoral researchers who collaborate every day with our world-class research scientists. The tour will provide a general introduction to the Laboratory's mission, history and research. Tours are 60 minutes long and have a maximum capacity of 15 people.
Spots fill up quickly so early registration is advised. Pre-registration is required. Participants must be 12 years of age or older.
Resources for High School Students, Undergraduates and Teachers
While our public tour program is crafted to provide a general overview of our building to an adult audience, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine offers numerous programs and resources for high school students, undergraduates and teachers through our JAX Genomic Education Team.
- Information about our Connecticut High Schools Open House, including program details and dates can be found here.
- Information about our flagship 10-week Summer Student Program can be found here.
- Information about our Academic Year Internship Program can be found here.
- Information about our high school teacher professional development program, Teaching the Genome Generation, can be found here.
- High school students and their families are invited to attend a personalized tour on September 11 at 4:00 PM. Click here to register.
Questions about visiting our Bar Harbor or Farmington campuses?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will happily assist you.