The Genetic Resources Committee (GRC)
The GRC is made up of staff scientists and resource managers from The Jackson Laboratory.
The Genetic Resources Committee meets once a month to make recommendations concerning the importation of submitted strains.
To ensure that your strain is evaluated at the next month's meeting, please submit your strain no later than the 3rd Wednesday of the month. You will be notified after your strain has been reviewed by email.
GRC strain evaluation criteria
1. Importance of its current use for research, publication history, and current demand
2. Importance of its anticipated or potential future use
3. Difficulty of maintenance relative to scientific value
4. Existence and reliability of other resources that would ensure its survival
5. Difficulty of re-creating the strain relative to the time and effort required for its importation and preservation
6. The submission must be authorized by the strain’s creator/owner.